The El Dorado Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) is seeking an individual to serve as a Part-Time Administrative Assistant. This individual will work closely with the Executive Officer and Assistant Executive Officer to perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties on a part-time basis.
Under state law, LAFCO is mandated to ensure the logical formation and determination of the local government agency boundaries, which affect growth and development patterns, delivery of urban services, and agricultural and open space lands within El Dorado County. The 7-member Commission holds regular meetings on the fourth Wednesday of each month except for a combined November-December meeting held on the first Wednesday of December.
This position has a salary range of $18.27 - $22.21 per hour, depending on qualifications.
• Advanced knowledge of standard office administrative and secretarial practices and procedures, including multi-line telephone reception, filing and business letter writing
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Laserfiche preferable but not required.
• Experience with being a clerk of a public meeting desired.
• Skill in organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following assignments with minimum of direction.
• Experience with office management.
• Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment with established guidelines.
• A valid California Driver’s License is required
Education and Experience:
• Three years of general clerical or office support experience or one year of secretarial experience with a public agency.
To Apply: Submit a resume to email@example.com by 4:45 pm on Friday, June 18, 2021.
Retirement benefits are provided through CalPERS.