December 7, 2022 – 5:30 P.M.
Board of Supervisors Meeting Room, 330 Fair Lane, Building A, Placerville, California; and
Teleconference Location: South Lake Tahoe City Council Chambers, 1901 Lisa Maloff Way South Lake Tahoe, California
Agenda materials will be available for review pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.5 in the LAFCO office, located at 550 Main Street, Suite E, Placerville or at the LAFCO website at www.edlafco.us/commission.
Members of the public are invited to attend and participate at the location identified on this agenda. Members of the public desiring to provide comments as part of the meeting are encouraged to submit written comments no later than 12:00 pm the day of the meeting or to attend the meeting in-person.
The meeting may be accessed via Zoom by the following webinar link or telephone number: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87425618470 or (669) 900-9128
Webinar ID: 874 2561 8470
Written comments may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be distributed to the Commission as quickly as possible.
Public comments will be accepted throughout the meeting. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. If you are joining the meeting via Zoom and wish to make a comment on an item, press the “raise hand” button. If you are joining the meeting by phone, press *9 to indicate a desire to make a comment and press *6 to unmute yourself. Please wait until the prompt from the Chair to address the Commission on any item on the Agenda.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ADOPTION OF AGENDA AND APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR
The Commission may make any necessary additions, deletions or corrections to the agenda including moving items to or from the Consent Calendar and adopt the agenda and the Consent Calendar with one single vote. A Commissioner may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate Board action. At the appropriate time as called by the Chair, members of the public may make a comment on matters on the Consent Calendar prior to Board action.
A. Adopt minutes of the meeting of September 28, 2022
E. Set the 2023 LAFCO Meeting Calendar
Members of the public may address the Commission concerning matters within the jurisdiction of LAFCO which are not listed on the agenda. No action may be taken on these matters. Public comments during Open Forum are limited to three minutes per person. The Chair may limit public comment during Open Forum.
The Commission has the discretion to adopt, modify or reject staff’s recommendation. Please refer to the adopted Minutes to review the Commission’s final action on any item of interest.
1. Letter of Commendation for Erica Sanchez
2. Staff and the Strategic Planning Ad-Hoc Committee recommend that the Commission approve the following:
- Approve the changes to the Sphere of Influence (Section 4) of the El Dorado LAFCO Policies and Guidelines
- Approve the NON-MUNICIPAL Services Analysis Report for Special Districts to serve as completion of the third cycle and past due MSRs enabling El Dorado LAFCO to start a new project review cycle that concurs with the updated Policies and Guidelines
- Approve the 5-year MUNICIPAL SERVICES MSR/SOI Project Cycle and the NON-MUNICIPAL SERVICES MSR/SOI Project Cycle; Add the El Dorado Hills Community Services District and the Cameron Park Community Services District to the MUNICIPAL SERVICES MSR/SOI Project Cycle
- Direct staff to complete the Municipal Services Review for the Greenstone Country CSD in Fiscal Year 22-23
- Direct staff to publish the updated information on the El Dorado LAFCO website
- Direct staff to document the completion of the Grand Jury findings and responses
3. Consider Amending the Employment Policies and Procedures to Include a Remote Work/Telework Policy for El Dorado LAFCO staff
4. Other Business
A. Legislation – The Commission may authorize support or opposition to bills currently pending before the State Legislature
C. Counsel Report
D. Commissioner Announcements
The next regularly scheduled LAFCO Commission meeting will be January 25, 2023.