March 22, 2023 – 5:30 P.M.
Board of Supervisors Meeting Room, 330 Fair Lane, Building A, Placerville, California.
Agenda materials will be available for review pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.5 in the LAFCO office, located at 550 Main Street, Suite E, Placerville or at the LAFCO website at www.edlafco.us/commission.
Members of the public are invited to attend and participate at the location identified on this agenda. As a courtesy, and technology permitting, members of the public may continue to provide live remote oral comment via the Zoom video conferencing platform. However, the Commission cannot guarantee that the public’s access to teleconferencing technology will be uninterrupted, and technical difficulties may occur from time to time. Unless required by the Brown Act, the meeting will continue despite technical difficulties for participants using the teleconferencing (Zoom) option. Members of the public desiring to provide comments as part of the meeting are encouraged to submit written comments no later than 12:00 pm the day of the meeting or to attend the meeting in-person.
The meeting may be accessed via Zoom by the following webinar link or telephone number: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85102893488 or (669) 900-9128
Webinar ID: 851 0289 3488
Written comments may be submitted by email to email@example.com and will be distributed to the Commission as quickly as possible.
Public comments will be accepted throughout the meeting. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. If you are joining the meeting via Zoom and wish to make a comment on an item, press the “raise hand” button. If you are joining the meeting by phone, press *9 to indicate a desire to make a comment and press *6 to unmute yourself. Please wait until the prompt from the Chair to address the Commission on any item on the Agenda.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ADOPTION OF AGENDA AND APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR
The Commission may make any necessary additions, deletions or corrections to the agenda including moving items to or from the Consent Calendar and adopt the agenda and the Consent Calendar with one single vote. A Commissioner may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate Board action. At the appropriate time as called by the Chair, members of the public may make a comment on matters on the Consent Calendar prior to Board action.
A. Adopt minutes of the meeting of February 22, 2023
Members of the public may address the Commission concerning matters within the jurisdiction of LAFCO which are not listed on the agenda. No action may be taken on these matters. Public comments during Open Forum are limited to three minutes per person. The Chair may limit public comment during Open Forum.
The Commission has the discretion to adopt, modify or reject staff’s recommendation. Please refer to the adopted Minutes to review the Commission’s final action on any item of interest.
1. Public Hearing to consider the draft proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2023-2024
Staff and the Budget Committee recommend that the Commission:
1) Open the Public Hearing on this matter
2) Receive the information related to the draft Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2023-24
3) Continue the Public Hearing on this matter to May 24, 2023
2. Jomescbo Annexation to the El Dorado County Fire Protection District – Coloma/Lotus Zone; LAFCO Project No. 2022-01
Staff recommends that the Commission take the following actions:
1) Recognize that El Dorado County, as the lead agency for the project, has prepared a Mitigated Negative Declaration and CEQA determinations which have been found to be adequate for the purposes of the annexation and direct staff to file a Notice of Determination in compliance with CEQA and local ordinances implementing the same
2) Adopt LAFCO Resolution L-2023-04, adding any additional conditions the Commission finds appropriate and approve the Jomescbo Annexation to the El Dorado County Fire Protection District – Coloma/Lotus Zone
3) Waive the Conducting Authority Proceedings subject to Government Code §56663 and local policies
4) Direct the Executive Officer to complete the necessary filings and transmittals as required by law
5) Determine the effective date of the approval of this agreement to be five (5) working days after recordation by the County Recorder of the Executive Officer’s Certificate of Completion once the imposed conditions are met
3. OTHER BUSINESS
A. Legislation – The Commission may authorize support or opposition to bills currently pending before the State Legislature
C. Counsel Report
D. Commissioner Announcements
4. Recess to Closed Session
Public Employee Performance Evaluation (Government Code Section 54957)
Title: Executive Officer
Report out of Closed Session
The next regularly scheduled LAFCO Commission meeting will be May 24, 2023.