May 24, 2023 – 5:00 P.M.
Board of Supervisors Meeting Room, 330 Fair Lane, Building A, Placerville, California.
Agenda materials will be available for review pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.5 in the LAFCO office, located at 550 Main Street, Suite E, Placerville or at the LAFCO website at www.edlafco.us/commission.
Members of the public are invited to attend and participate at the location identified on this agenda. As a courtesy, and technology permitting, members of the public may continue to provide live remote oral comment via the Zoom video conferencing platform. However, the Commission cannot guarantee that the public’s access to teleconferencing technology will be uninterrupted, and technical difficulties may occur from time to time. Unless required by the Brown Act, the meeting will continue despite technical difficulties for participants using the teleconferencing (Zoom) option. Members of the public desiring to provide comments as part of the meeting are encouraged to submit written comments no later than 12:00 pm the day of the meeting or to attend the meeting in-person.
The meeting may be accessed via Zoom by the following webinar link or telephone number: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85102893488 or (669) 900-9128
Webinar ID: 851 0289 3488
Written comments may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be distributed to the Commission as quickly as possible.
Public comments will be accepted throughout the meeting. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. If you are joining the meeting via Zoom and wish to make a comment on an item, press the “raise hand” button. If you are joining the meeting by phone, press *9 to indicate a desire to make a comment and press *6 to unmute yourself. Please wait until the prompt from the Chair to address the Commission on any item on the Agenda.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ADOPTION OF AGENDA AND APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR
The Commission may make any necessary additions, deletions or corrections to the agenda including moving items to or from the Consent Calendar and adopt the agenda and the Consent Calendar with one single vote. A Commissioner may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion and separate Board action. At the appropriate time as called by the Chair, members of the public may make a comment on matters on the Consent Calendar prior to Board action.
A. Adopt minutes of the meeting of March 22, 2023
Members of the public may address the Commission concerning matters within the jurisdiction of LAFCO which are not listed on the agenda. No action may be taken on these matters. Public comments during Open Forum are limited to three minutes per person. The Chair may limit public comment during Open Forum.
The Commission has the discretion to adopt, modify or reject staff’s recommendation. Please refer to the adopted Minutes to review the Commission’s final action on any item of interest.
1. Informational Presentation from the El Dorado County Fire Chiefs Association on the Fire Summit
2. Public Hearing to Consider and Adopt the Final Budget and Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2023-2024
1) Open the Public Hearing on this matter;
2) Receive the information related to the Final Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2023-2024;
3) Receive the information related to the Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2023-2024;
4) Receive the information related to the 5 Year Budget Projection;
5) Close the Public Hearing on this matter;
6) Adopt the Resolution L-2023-05 adopting the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Final Budget and Work Plan
3. Draft Greenstone Country Community Services District Municipal Service Review and Sphere of Influence Update (LAFCO Project No. 2022-03)
Staff recommends that the Commission:
1) Open the Public Hearing and comment period on this matter; and
2) Receive the presentation from staff for the Draft Greenstone Country Community Services District Municipal Service Review and Sphere of Influence Update; and
3) Continue the Public Hearing and comment period until June 28, 2023 and direct staff to return this item at the June 28, 2023 meeting for final action and adoption.
4. OTHER BUSINESS
A. Legislation – The Commission may authorize support or opposition to bills currently pending before the State Legislature
C. Counsel Report
D. Commissioner Announcements
5. Recess to Closed Session
A. Public Employee Performance Evaluation (Government Code Section 54957)
Title: Executive Officer
B. Conference with Labor Negotiators (Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representative: Chair Veerkamp
Unrepresented employee: Shiva Frentzen, Executive Officer
Report out of Closed Session
6:30 P.M. - TIME ALLOCATION
6. Informational Presentation from Staff on the Incorporation Process for El Dorado Hills
The next regularly scheduled LAFCO Commission meeting will be June 28, 2023.